Wednesday, April 26, 2023

We dont go out on Fridays

Me and my daughter (she is 12 yrs old) sometimes play this game. The game is to take a simple line and make something very interesting out of it. I keep telling her that extraordinary things can come out of ordinary if you think deeper. So the line we picked was "we dont go out on Fridays"

Her version

On fridays me and my family never go out. Its not because of exhaustion. Its definitely not because of laziness. Why do we need to go out every weekend scouring for something that gives us happiness when there is one thing we bond over at home. TV. Sitting on our comfy couch, eating our favorite food, legs up, cuddled in a warm and soft blanket, watching and bonding over our favorite TV shows. What better way to unwind than spending quality time with our loved ones. Questioning every character, making funny jokes, having our family share every moment of it with us, and most importantly being able to relate to each other. All of our differences come together to share this one wholesome moment

My version

Our body and mind try to compensate each other to bring balance at the end of each day. For example if your mind feels happy, your body will jump up and down creating exhaustion thus creating balance. One friday I thought, why create a balance. I want to be high all the time. So if your mind feels high, make your body still. Dont make much noice. You will feel more high and it continues. Since friday is the day our mind feels high, we dont go out on fridays


No comments:

Tamasoma Jyotirgamaya

This is one of the very common and famous prayers in our scriptures which means "Lead me from darkness to light". I always have a ...